On May 25th, 2012 President Barack Obama proclaimed May 28th 2012, through November 11th 2025, as the Commemoration of the 50th Anniversary of the Vietnam War.
Come remember, honor and “Welcome Home” our Vietnam Veterans Saturday April 30th, 2016 at the Jacksonville Museum of Military History.
Schedule of Events
- 9:00am - 6:00pm Museum open at no charge to the public
- 9:00am-2:00pm Car Show to benefit American Cancer Society / Relay for Life
- Special showing of the documentary, “The Last Days of Vietnam” presented by AETN
- 1st Showing 10:00am-11:30am / 2nd Showing 12:30pm-2:00pm
- 9:00am -2:00pm Bouncy house for the kids
- 9:00am 2:00pm Food trucks
- 3:00-4:00pm Honor & Remembrance Ceremony
(POW/ MIA Table Ceremony performed by LRAFB Honor Guard)
- 4:00 – 6:00pm Dinner on the Grounds
- $10.00 a ticket (you must have a ticket to eat)
- Dinner Sponsors available for Vietnam Veterans (call the museum for more information)
- Must RSVP by April 18th, 2016
- 8ft x 12ft vinyl map of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia available for veterans to sign.
- Vietnam exhibits including From Arkansas to the Silver Field of Vietnam - A dog tag exhibit honoring Arkansans killed in Vietnam. Sponsored in part by the US Army
- Live music on the porch.
- Veterans Service Organizations are invited to have a booth (no charge). See additional attachment for Booth Participation Form.
For more information contact the Jacksonville Museum of Military History at (501) 241-1943 or visit www.jaxmilmuseum.org
100 Veterans Circle
Jacksonville AR 72076