The Jacksonville Museum of Military History is hosting their 11th annual Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans’ event on Saturday, April 23rd, 2022.
Festivities will take place from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and include free admission to the museum, an honor & remembrance ceremony at 3 p.m., dinner on the grounds at 4:15 p.m. ($12.00 fee, Vietnam Veterans eat free), and live entertainment.
This year's event will also include guest speaker, Derl Horn, author of Blood, Sweat and Honor: Memoirs of a "Walking Dead Marine" in Vietnam. He will share his experience of being drafted into the Marine Corps during the height of the Vietnam War, from the moment the drill instructor slammed the bus door shut at the San Diego airport to fighting on the war torn battlefields of Vietnam.
Come to remember, honor and “Welcome Home” our Vietnam Veterans.
Schedule of Events
10:00am – 5:00pm: Museum open at no charge to the public
- 8ft x 12ft vinyl map of Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia for veterans and Gold Star Families to sign. Map is displayed in our Vietnam Exhibit
- Vietnam exhibits and displays including “From Arkansas to The Silver Field of Vietnam” (A dog tag exhibit honoring Arkansans killed in Vietnam sponsored in part by the U.S. Army)
- Live Music
- Veterans Service Organizations are invited to have a booth (no charge).
12:00pm – 2:00pm: Special showing of film (To be determined)
- There is no charge for the movie but seating is limited.
3:00 – 4:00pm: Honor & Remembrance Ceremony
- Proclamations by speakers from City of Jacksonville and Little Rock Air Force Base
- Guest Speaker Derl Horn (Vietnam Veterans & Author of Blood, Sweat, and Honor)
- (POW/ MIA Table Ceremony performed by LRAFB Honor Guard)
Following ceremony, Dinner on the Grounds
- Catered by N&N
- No charge to Vietnam Veterans
- $12.00 charge for non-Vietnam Veterans
For more information, contact the Jacksonville Museum of Military History at (501) 241-1943 or visit www.jaxmilmuseum.org.
Jacksonville Museum of Military History
100 Veterans Circle
Jacksonville, AR 72026